----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ The Fabulous Adventures of Astera: Writer/Actress for Hire: The Move Is Imminent

The Fabulous Adventures of Astera: Writer/Actress for Hire

Meet Astera (aka: me), a star in her own mind. Our plucky little heroine has embarked on not one but two difficult, low-paying career paths: writing and acting. Witness the menial jobs! The unreasonable demands! The quirky friends and family! And the glimmer of success just ahead! Through it all, Astera maintains her core beliefs: 1) She is destined to be fabulous 2) Everything is more fun with a cocktail.

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

The Move Is Imminent

The short version: Mr. Pink lost his job back in November. After a brief, frightening period where we thought we might have to move to Seattle so he could work as a designer for a behemoth department store, we thought better of the rain and gloom. He then decided to look for jobs in Southern California. He has been there off and on since January, and he landed a permanent position at a great surf company last month. I, however, have remained in Northern California to sell my parents' house.

The house is now in escrow. It was on the market for a week, we got two offers, and it's in contract for over asking price. Yay! So now, I can finally move the rest of my stuff down to Dana Point and rejoin my husband at last. There's just one little issue: my hair.

Today, I went in and had my hair cut and colored by the best hairstylist I have ever had. I've been going to her for about a year and a half now, and she always makes me look great. We never get stuck in a rut, either. She always helps me change it up in subtle ways, and she does great things with color. I normally book my next appointment immediately, but this time, when she asked, "Do you want to rebook?", I didn't know what to say. She knows about the move, and she said, "Well, why don't I put you down, and if you're gone by then, you can just call and cancel."

"What am I going to do?" I asked. "How will I ever find a hair stylist down there?"

"The best thing to do is find someone with hair like yours in a style you like, and ask her where she gets it done," she said.

This made me laugh. "Um, there is no one with hair like mine in Southern California," I said. (Okay, this is an exaggeration and a stereotype. But I have short, dark, pixie-cut hair. Women on the Orange County coast have long, blonde, voluptuous hair.)

Sadly, my hair stylist had no answer for that. Dear readers, do any of you live in south Orange County? If so, can you please recommend a good stylist? And I don't even want to think about what I'm going to do without my good friend and aesthetician up here. I guess I'd better get used to paying retail for my facials and bikini waxes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home