----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ The Fabulous Adventures of Astera: Writer/Actress for Hire: Uh-Oh

The Fabulous Adventures of Astera: Writer/Actress for Hire

Meet Astera (aka: me), a star in her own mind. Our plucky little heroine has embarked on not one but two difficult, low-paying career paths: writing and acting. Witness the menial jobs! The unreasonable demands! The quirky friends and family! And the glimmer of success just ahead! Through it all, Astera maintains her core beliefs: 1) She is destined to be fabulous 2) Everything is more fun with a cocktail.

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Uh-Oh

Last night, I dreamed that my husband and I had a baby girl. She was the most perfect, beautiful, angelic child, and she slept through the night right away. (Come on, go with me...it was a dream!)

So, is this how it starts? Is this how the biological clock sneaks up on you and starts ticking? I've been thinking a lot about babies lately, but mostly about how unprepared I feel to have one. Such a huge life change! How can you ever possibly be ready? I've even been wondering if I am fit to be a parent. But then I see my friends having babies and I see all the cute fat little ones dressed up in holiday clothes and I get all mushy inside.

I will be 30 next year, so maybe those maternal hormones are kicking in. But I'm sure we'll still be waiting awhile. We've only been married a year, and we still have so much to do as a couple before we introduce a new, small, extremely demanding person into the mix. It was a happy dream, though...

1 Comments:

  • At 2:14 PM, Blogger Bruingirl said…

    Babies are definitely in the air. I prefer to play with them and then, give them back to the original owners when broken and crying.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home