----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ The Fabulous Adventures of Astera: Writer/Actress for Hire: My Debut

The Fabulous Adventures of Astera: Writer/Actress for Hire

Meet Astera (aka: me), a star in her own mind. Our plucky little heroine has embarked on not one but two difficult, low-paying career paths: writing and acting. Witness the menial jobs! The unreasonable demands! The quirky friends and family! And the glimmer of success just ahead! Through it all, Astera maintains her core beliefs: 1) She is destined to be fabulous 2) Everything is more fun with a cocktail.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

My Debut

Do you know how dark it is at 4:45 in the morning, particularly when it is actually only 3:45 in the morning, because you've just sprung forward for daylight savings? I'll tell you: it's dark. Middle of the night dark. No glimmer of light on the horizon dark. Need a flashlight so you don't trip as you walk to your car dark.

But although the sky was dark, my spirits were bright. I was on my way to my first shoot where I wasn't just an extra! I had actual lines! I was an integral part of the scene!

Shooting the Ghirardelli training video was a great experience. I couldn't have asked for better. Well, unless I was instead shooting a principal role in a commercial and was going to make $10,000 in residuals. But for a first time out, everything was wonderful. The director and the crew were great, the other actors were friendly, the shoot went smoothly, and we wrapped on time. And it was so much fun being in front of the camera. The other thing I learned is that it's a lot easier to act natural when you are actually on a set and have props to work with. It just seems like real life.

Anyway, I hope that getting this experience and having this film clip will lead to bigger and better things for me. And I am back in an acting class with my old trusted coach, so I am getting some good training again. Now I just need to get sent out on some more auditions!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home