----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ The Fabulous Adventures of Astera: Writer/Actress for Hire: Accentuate the Postive, Eliminate the Negative

The Fabulous Adventures of Astera: Writer/Actress for Hire

Meet Astera (aka: me), a star in her own mind. Our plucky little heroine has embarked on not one but two difficult, low-paying career paths: writing and acting. Witness the menial jobs! The unreasonable demands! The quirky friends and family! And the glimmer of success just ahead! Through it all, Astera maintains her core beliefs: 1) She is destined to be fabulous 2) Everything is more fun with a cocktail.

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Accentuate the Postive, Eliminate the Negative

"You've got to accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative, latch on to the affirmative, and don't mess with Mr. In-Between."

I don't know why I know the lyrics to that old Bing Crosby song--it's probably a song that my grandma or grandpa taught to my mom, and she then passed it on to me when I was little and having a bad day. And since I've been having a bad few days, I decided it's time to accentuate the positive.

A list of positives:

1. Mr. Pink and I got to visit with my brother Esquire this weekend.
2. We threw an outstanding housewarming party.
3. I had two job interviews today.
4. I have caring friends, a loving family, and a wonderful husband.
5. I live in a nice place in a beautiful location.

Now, my pessimistic side wants to offer up rebuttals to some of the positives on my list, but I am going to eliminate the negative instead.

I don't believe in "The Secret" or the "laws of attraction" or anything like that, but I do know that it's more fun to be around happy people than it is to be around depressed people. That's why it's time to do some positive affirmations and "always look on the bright side of life"!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home