----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ The Fabulous Adventures of Astera: Writer/Actress for Hire: The Sunday Night Blues

The Fabulous Adventures of Astera: Writer/Actress for Hire

Meet Astera (aka: me), a star in her own mind. Our plucky little heroine has embarked on not one but two difficult, low-paying career paths: writing and acting. Witness the menial jobs! The unreasonable demands! The quirky friends and family! And the glimmer of success just ahead! Through it all, Astera maintains her core beliefs: 1) She is destined to be fabulous 2) Everything is more fun with a cocktail.

Sunday, November 25, 2007

The Sunday Night Blues

This long Thanksgiving weekend has been heavenly. Mr. Pink and I cooked a huge feast just for the two of us on Thanksgiving. It's the first year we've spent the holiday alone together, and although I missed my family, it was nice to spend the day on our timetable. For appetizers, we had mini chicken-apple sausages in a brown-sugar brandy glaze, along with mini onion-sage tarts. For the main course, I cooked a wine-braised turkey breast. We also had homemade cranberry sauce, balsamic-glazed cipollini onions, balsamic-garlic green beans, stuffing and mashed potatoes. We paired our feast with a Ridge Ponzo Vineyards Zinfandel (excellent) and Incognito, a Viognier from Lodi (not so good--we probably won't buy any more wines from Lodi).

On Friday, we went for a walk to the tidepools that are inaccessible for most of the year. Because the tide was so low this weekend, though, we could walk right out to them. Yesterday, we went for another walk on the beach, watched a little football (go Bruins!), and had dinner with some new friends. Today, however, I awoke with a feeling of doom because I knew that after today, it would be back to the daily grind. It also didn't help that I had insomnia last night and was more or less awake from 3:30 am to 6:30 am.

I actually have a short week again this week because of some medical appointments, and yet I am still dreading going back to work. I'm actually looking forward to my endoscopy--having a tube stuck into my stomach to see if I have an ulcer, which I probably do, considering how poorly I deal with stress. Hey, as long as it gets me out of work! This is not normal, right? Most people don't feel like they are going to have an anxiety attack the night before going back to work, right? And worst of all, this job has sapped my energy and my creativity, and my work on my novel has been completely stalled. This situation has to change. I just don't know how to change it yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home