----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ The Fabulous Adventures of Astera: Writer/Actress for Hire: The End...At Last!

The Fabulous Adventures of Astera: Writer/Actress for Hire

Meet Astera (aka: me), a star in her own mind. Our plucky little heroine has embarked on not one but two difficult, low-paying career paths: writing and acting. Witness the menial jobs! The unreasonable demands! The quirky friends and family! And the glimmer of success just ahead! Through it all, Astera maintains her core beliefs: 1) She is destined to be fabulous 2) Everything is more fun with a cocktail.

Friday, September 19, 2008

The End...At Last!

I am proud to announce that I have finished the first draft of my novel! It's perfect timing, too...Mr. Pink and I are flying out to meet my family in Rome, where we will embark on an 11-night Mediterranean cruise. I'll have some time to relax and reflect, and then when I get back, I'll look at what I've written with fresh eyes. My goal is to send my query letter and synopsis out by mid-October.

Of course the draft still needs work, but it felt incredible to write, "The End!"

3 Comments:

  • At 10:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congratulations on completing the first draft, Astera! How exciting and what a relief it must be for you. Enjoy your cruise--you deserve it. (I'm trying to write my first novel...keyword is trying.)

     
  • At 1:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So do your readers get to read the first draft or do we have to wait and pay $25.99 ($16.99 with Border's Club)?

     
  • At 3:26 PM, Blogger Astera said…

    Thanks for the comments, Anonymous 1 and Anonymous 2!

    Anonymous 1, just keep writing. Eventually, you'll finish the novel. Perseverance is key!

    Anonymous 2, sadly, my beloved readers will have to shell out for the novel at their bookstore of choice--I'll need the royalties! But the first step is finding an agent. I'll be sending out my query letter soon, so wish me luck!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home