----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ The Fabulous Adventures of Astera: Writer/Actress for Hire: Alias

The Fabulous Adventures of Astera: Writer/Actress for Hire

Meet Astera (aka: me), a star in her own mind. Our plucky little heroine has embarked on not one but two difficult, low-paying career paths: writing and acting. Witness the menial jobs! The unreasonable demands! The quirky friends and family! And the glimmer of success just ahead! Through it all, Astera maintains her core beliefs: 1) She is destined to be fabulous 2) Everything is more fun with a cocktail.

Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Alias

I can barely contain my excitement--tonight is the long-awaited premiere of the new season of Alias! And to double my delight, Alias comes on right after Lost, my new (second) favorite show. I tell you, that J.J. Abrams is a genius!

What makes Alias such a good show, you might ask. Well, it's full of twists and turns and double-crossings, along with romance and the super-hot Michael Vartan, aka Michael Vaughn. But the best thing about Alias is its star, Jennifer Garner. She's just the coolest. She's strong enough to kick ass and take names, but she's surprisingly human and emotional, too. She is, of course, beautiful, but not intimidatingly so. She just seems like someone you'd want to be friends with. My friend Sarah and I remember her from that horrid Jennifer Love Hewitt vehicle that was a misguided spinoff of Party of Five. Did you ever watch it? No? You're probably better off. It was called Time of Your Life and each week, we would watch it and make derisive comments about how appalling bad it was. But the next week would find us back on the couch, eager to tune in. And it wasn't because of "Love's" dubious acting ability. It was because of her cool roommate, Romy, played by Jennifer Garner. Call us crazy, but Sarah and I firmly believe that that show might have had a chance had Garner been allowed to star.

But anyway, back to Alias. My youngest brother thoughtfully gave me the complete third season on DVD for Christmas, so I had a little Alias refresher course last night. It seems that Sydney's half-sister has taken up with the treacherous Arvin Sloane (her father). Why she trusts him after he held her captive and injected her with that Rambaldi fluid to get the equation, I don't know, but apparently, they have joined forces to search out Rambaldi or his moldering body or his consciousness or whatever's left of him. Vaughn's evil wife, Lauren, is dead, but her accomplice, Sark, is still alive. And Sydney has learned a shocking secret about her father...we'll find out more tonight. Hold the phones--from 8 to 10 p.m. tonight, I'll be curled up on my couch in front of a crackling fire, communing with all my favorite characters.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:33 AM, Blogger Kelly Love said…

    That's where I was last night too! (parked on the couch in front of the tv). Loved the 2-hour premiere...I'm hooked again.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home