----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ The Fabulous Adventures of Astera: Writer/Actress for Hire: Hand Cramp!

The Fabulous Adventures of Astera: Writer/Actress for Hire

Meet Astera (aka: me), a star in her own mind. Our plucky little heroine has embarked on not one but two difficult, low-paying career paths: writing and acting. Witness the menial jobs! The unreasonable demands! The quirky friends and family! And the glimmer of success just ahead! Through it all, Astera maintains her core beliefs: 1) She is destined to be fabulous 2) Everything is more fun with a cocktail.

Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Hand Cramp!

Well, the holidays have me swamped. Between buying gifts, decorating the house and baking cookies, I have been very busy. I feel so domestic! The freelance work and a job interview today have added to the general hubbub. Too bad it wasn't an interview for a good job.

I would write more, but my arm is totally cramped up from writing thank-you notes and Christmas cards. Yes, thank-you notes. Our wedding was in October and I still haven't finished them. Miss Manners would smite me if she knew. Part of the problem is that my husband refuses to help, claiming that his handwriting would render the notes illegible. Well, after I've written so many, my handwriting is nearly illegible, too! But apparently he thinks that thank-you notes are "women's work." I also had to buy all the Christmas gifts for his family and mine. But I guess I can't complain too much, since he is now the sole breadwinner for our family. How quickly I have reverted to a pre-feminist expectation of wifeliness. On the plus side, he frequently cooks and does the dishes, so I don't feel too opressed.

More holiday cheer tomorrow, chickadees!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home