----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ The Fabulous Adventures of Astera: Writer/Actress for Hire: A Response

The Fabulous Adventures of Astera: Writer/Actress for Hire

Meet Astera (aka: me), a star in her own mind. Our plucky little heroine has embarked on not one but two difficult, low-paying career paths: writing and acting. Witness the menial jobs! The unreasonable demands! The quirky friends and family! And the glimmer of success just ahead! Through it all, Astera maintains her core beliefs: 1) She is destined to be fabulous 2) Everything is more fun with a cocktail.

Wednesday, December 15, 2004

A Response

An anonymous poster asked me if I thought my ex-colleagues still read my blog. I can't imagine why they would. Well, that's not entirely true. I can imagine a few reasons why they would.

  1. They get some sort of masochistic thrill out of seeing themselves skewered in print in a not-particularly-widely-read blog.
  2. They hope that I will be contrite about my firing. Well, I am sorry for hurting people's feelings. I was a bit hyperbolic and mean. I'm also sorry for Design Guy, because I have a feeling that he has had to shoulder the brunt of my work due to my abrupt departure. But I'm not sorry to be gone, although I could have used the money I would have earned over the next few weeks.
  3. They hope to read about some horrible downfall of mine so that they can experience the sweet joy of Schadenfreude.
  4. They are secretly desperately unhappy at work and identified with some of what I wrote about.

But I am moving on now. I just got my last paycheck, so that phase of my life is over. Although, if any of my ex-colleagues are reading this, would you mind sending me my copy of Eats, Shoots and Leaves? I think I left it on my desk when I fled the building. That'd be great. Thanks.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Haha...I think that out of the four reasons that you listed on why your ex-colleagues might still be reading your blog, the answer would be #4! They are secretly unhappy at work and did identify with some of what you wrote. :) Plus your blog makes for an interesting read during the day.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home