----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ The Fabulous Adventures of Astera: Writer/Actress for Hire: Truly Outrageous!

The Fabulous Adventures of Astera: Writer/Actress for Hire

Meet Astera (aka: me), a star in her own mind. Our plucky little heroine has embarked on not one but two difficult, low-paying career paths: writing and acting. Witness the menial jobs! The unreasonable demands! The quirky friends and family! And the glimmer of success just ahead! Through it all, Astera maintains her core beliefs: 1) She is destined to be fabulous 2) Everything is more fun with a cocktail.

Monday, January 24, 2005

Truly Outrageous!

Hey did anyone else get a kick out of Seth comparing Alex to Jem and the Holograms on The O.C. last week? I loved Jem, with her super-cool earrings that allowed her to communicate with Synergy. My only quibble is that if I, at 28, can remember Jem, doesn't it seem like Seth would be too young for that show? I don't think it was exactly a smash hit that would have been syndicated in re-runs. Oh, well.

5 Comments:

  • At 5:07 PM, Blogger Alexandrialeigh said…

    I'll be 24 in a few months, and I was a HUGE Jem and the Holograms fan. We're talking doll-playing, lip-syncing to the tape that came with it...

    I can still sing the theme song. "Jem is truly truly truly outrageous, whoa-oh-oh Jem! Je-em, the music's contagious!"

    I wish I could find some cool flashing earrings.

     
  • At 11:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 7:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Astera:

    You have a wonderful writing style and a great sense of humor. What a gift. I read your posts often and check daily to see if new posts are on your site. I am like an addict waiting for the next Astera fix. Why not approach a newspaper to see if they can turn this stuff into a column. Lesser stuff has been printed. From a secret admirer who often goes by "Farmer".

     
  • At 8:07 PM, Blogger Kelly Love said…

    LOVE Jem! I had a Jem and the Holograms lunchbox and a load of coloring books. Jem was my salvation - actually, the salvation of my existing barbies because I no longer had to mutilate them and chop their hair off to look like rocker grrl Deborah Harry.

     
  • At 10:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So, what was your take on tonight's Alias. A bit far fetched don't you think. I did not get the whole U.S. in Russia schtick. I would be interested on your views.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home