----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ The Fabulous Adventures of Astera: Writer/Actress for Hire: Okay, That Does It

The Fabulous Adventures of Astera: Writer/Actress for Hire

Meet Astera (aka: me), a star in her own mind. Our plucky little heroine has embarked on not one but two difficult, low-paying career paths: writing and acting. Witness the menial jobs! The unreasonable demands! The quirky friends and family! And the glimmer of success just ahead! Through it all, Astera maintains her core beliefs: 1) She is destined to be fabulous 2) Everything is more fun with a cocktail.

Thursday, January 06, 2005

Okay, That Does It

For a long time now, I have been distraught over the downfall of proper English. u know what i mean right? its like, no one kares about grammer anymore. not gr8. (See? Isn't that annoying?)

Well, I have done enough complaining. I have decided to take action! And it was my beloved Alias that inspired me to do so. Last night, Arvin Sloane said, "[They want] their own SD-6, a unit that officially doesn't exist, comprised of team members who have no apparent affiliation to the CIA."

I can't believe that even the highly-paid professional writers on Alias don't know the difference between comprise and compose! Thus, I have started a new blog, "Tips from Copy Editrix." I am under no illusions that it will reach the masses and show them the light, but I hope at least to attract other "word nerds" who will commiserate with me over the sorry state of language today. Check it out.

That's all for a few days. I will be winging my way to Sin City this evening, and I expect to come back thoroughly debauched. So, I may not be posting for several days. But never fear...I shall return with new adventures to share!

2 Comments:

  • At 12:16 PM, Blogger Katie said…

    Astera, I feel your pain. I fired off an e-mail to The Apprentice when Stacie J. was listed as a "restauranteur" on the show. It drove me nuts.

    Too bad she was fired so quickly, so I never got to see whether the received my e-mail.

     
  • At 5:55 PM, Blogger Alexandrialeigh said…

    PLD -- They must not have. When Stacie J. returned for the last episode (remember, they brought back the previously fired ones to help?), they still spelled it "restauranteur".

    Silly television folks.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home