----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ The Fabulous Adventures of Astera: Writer/Actress for Hire: TV Report

The Fabulous Adventures of Astera: Writer/Actress for Hire

Meet Astera (aka: me), a star in her own mind. Our plucky little heroine has embarked on not one but two difficult, low-paying career paths: writing and acting. Witness the menial jobs! The unreasonable demands! The quirky friends and family! And the glimmer of success just ahead! Through it all, Astera maintains her core beliefs: 1) She is destined to be fabulous 2) Everything is more fun with a cocktail.

Thursday, January 27, 2005

TV Report

Thursday is my big TV night. I watch The O.C., Joey, and The Apprentice. Oh, who am I kidding? Wednesday night is a big TV night, too, what with Lost and Alias. But Lost and Joey were reruns this week, so let's focus on the other shows, shall we?

Alias was a fairly bizarre episode. I mean, obviously, Sydney and Vaughn could speak with American accents, but how did everyone else sound so good? Even Sydney's mother had a trace of an accent, and she'd been in America for years! Speaking of which, I'm almost positive that Irina isn't really dead. But where is she? I'm sure it will be some cliffhanger. It seemed like the main point of the episode was to set up a deeper relationship between Syd and Vaughn, though, which must be awkward, considering Jennifer Garner and Michael Vartan broke up in real life over the hiatus. Gotta love Marshall, though. Did you see his funny little bustling run through the agency? He cracks me up.

On The O.C., clearly Seth and Summer should get back together. They feed on each other's neuroses! And isn't that what the best relationships are all about? I'm not really feeling the Marisa/Alex relationship, though, but my brother and my husband were drooling all over it. Whatev. The main thing I noticed, though was that when Lindsay was refering to how she checked out Caleb on the Web, she didn't say, "I Googled him," which is what most people would say. Instead, she said, "I A9.comed him," which I thought was really bizarre. What is this A9.com of which you speak, Lindsay? I couldn't wait to find out. Check it out for yourselves. When I first visited the site, it recognized me! I thought that was very odd and Big Brother, until I realized that it's associated with Amazon.com, and since I have an account with Amazon, of course it recognized me. Could be a pretty cool thing, though. And what a genius marketing idea, to have it mentioned on The O.C.! I wonder how many other people had to go right out and find out what A9 was. Or maybe I'm woefully behind the curve and everyone else has already heard of it.

A couple of things about The Apprentice: What's with all the swearing from Net Worth, aka Street Smarts, aka the High School Grads? Yes, I know that people from Magna, aka Book Smarts, aka the College Grads (or better) swore, too, but it didn't seem to happen nearly as much. Perhaps my father (aka Anonymous) was right when he taught me that people who swear simply don't have an expansive enough vocabularly to express themselves properly. Or perhaps I'm just a word nerd, aka a snob. Also, did you notice how Brian, aka Really Loud Abrasive Guy, was drinking a Mike's Hard Lemonade during one of his many confrontations with John, aka I'm Exempt, So I Have Nothing to Lose Guy? I mean, come on! I enjoy the Mike's Hard Lemonade, but I'm a girl! Do you think it was just product placement, or was Brian really leaving himself open to (even more) ridicule on national television? Also, why is it that most of the girls on The Apprentice have hair that would not be found in nature? The streaks! The flatirons! The extensions! Clearly, Mark Burnett has brought on a number of highly instable people this round in an attempt to boost ratings. I pity Donald Trump for whomever he winds up with in the end. Do you think he can just say, "Forget it, you're all fired"? That'd be pretty cool.

That is my TV roundup for the week. I wonder what Entertainment Weekly will have to say tomorrow? Oh, and hey, wish me luck on my audition!

2 Comments:

  • At 6:55 PM, Blogger Kelly Love said…

    Best of luck and I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed for you, way over here on the other coast.

    Meant to tell you also, I've been following & participating in comments in another forum we both frequent....I was very impressed with your post. Way to tell 'em! You just go kick that audition's ass the way you kicked old ES's ass in that forum! :o)

     
  • At 12:27 PM, Blogger Bruingirl said…

    Oh NO!! You don't say?!?! Seth and Summer?!?!? I think Seth, Summer, Marisa, Alex, Haley, Josh, Caleb, Lindsay, Samantha, Monica, Joey, and that oh-so-dreamy guy should all just get it on w/ each other. Who are these people and why do people watch them??? The real OC sucks anyway...except all the cities from Laguna down to San Clemente.

    On a different note, I have to say that I prefer "I Googled him" as opposed to "I A9ed him." It sounds like a new version of the steak sauce....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home