----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ The Fabulous Adventures of Astera: Writer/Actress for Hire: Just a Quick Note...

The Fabulous Adventures of Astera: Writer/Actress for Hire

Meet Astera (aka: me), a star in her own mind. Our plucky little heroine has embarked on not one but two difficult, low-paying career paths: writing and acting. Witness the menial jobs! The unreasonable demands! The quirky friends and family! And the glimmer of success just ahead! Through it all, Astera maintains her core beliefs: 1) She is destined to be fabulous 2) Everything is more fun with a cocktail.

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Just a Quick Note...

...to let you all know I survived my Christmas in Minnesota with the Blacklabels. I was worried, but I did not catch hypothermia and freeze to death. In fact, I got really lucky with the weather. It was 45 and sunny on Friday, and then it turned gray, but the temperature never dipped below 30 during the day. And at night, my mother-in-law was so worried about me being cold that she kept the heat on the blast-furnace setting. One night, I woke up from a dream that I was being boiled alive by cannibals, that's how hot it was. I definitely didn't need my flannel PJs.

Anyway, it was a lovely time with lots of delicious food and drinks. I tried two new tasty beverages, and they were both pink! One was a "Scarlett O'Hara," which is Southern Comfort mixed with cranberry juice. The other was a pomegranate martini, with pomegranate juice, vodka, a touch of sparkling water, and fresh pomegranate seeds for garnish. (An aside: those who know me know that I have loved pomegranates for years...since middle school, at least. All of a sudden, they're the hot new thing in the public consciousness. Odd.) We also ate so much! We had shredded pork tacos, chicken tortilla soup, a fondue night with meats cooked in oil with lots of dipping sauces, plus chocolate fondue for dessert, German pancakes and beef tenderloin and mashed potatoes. Not all at the same time, of course. Both Mr. Pink and I probably gained a few pounds on that trip, though.

Now it's back to work. I am writing some copy for a top online retailer. It's a pretty cool project, and it will look great in my portfolio. I'm looking forward to the new year. I think it's going to bring all sorts of good things!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home