----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ The Fabulous Adventures of Astera: Writer/Actress for Hire: The Public Mailbox Is Not to be Used as a Trash Receptacle

The Fabulous Adventures of Astera: Writer/Actress for Hire

Meet Astera (aka: me), a star in her own mind. Our plucky little heroine has embarked on not one but two difficult, low-paying career paths: writing and acting. Witness the menial jobs! The unreasonable demands! The quirky friends and family! And the glimmer of success just ahead! Through it all, Astera maintains her core beliefs: 1) She is destined to be fabulous 2) Everything is more fun with a cocktail.

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

The Public Mailbox Is Not to be Used as a Trash Receptacle

No, that's not the odd title of the new Panic! At the Disco single. (Does anyone know why their song titles are so long? Is it just to irritate radio DJs? And is lying really the most fun a girl can have without taking her clothes off?)

Anyway, back to the mailbox. I had a few bills to mail today, and as I was walking to the mailbox on the corner, I noticed three teenagers ahead of me--two guys and a girl. They were laughing and fooling around and having a great time on a sunny, if chilly, winter day. But then one of the guys opened the mailbox and threw his soda cup right inside! Right inside the mailbox where I had to put my bills! Most upsetting. "Hey!" I said. "That's pretty disgusting! That's people's mail in there, you know." He had the good grace to look somewhat shamefaced. "My bad," he said. And then the girl starting berating him, too, which I'm sure had more of an effect than my outrage.

It should just be common sense. The public mailbox is not to be used as a trash receptacle. Anyway, isn't tampering with the mails a federal offense?

1 Comments:

  • At 11:05 AM, Blogger Elbo said…

    I believe Panic! At The Disco likes to use quotations from movies and books as song titles. Check it out here.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home