----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ The Fabulous Adventures of Astera: Writer/Actress for Hire: Keep Your Fingers Crossed!

The Fabulous Adventures of Astera: Writer/Actress for Hire

Meet Astera (aka: me), a star in her own mind. Our plucky little heroine has embarked on not one but two difficult, low-paying career paths: writing and acting. Witness the menial jobs! The unreasonable demands! The quirky friends and family! And the glimmer of success just ahead! Through it all, Astera maintains her core beliefs: 1) She is destined to be fabulous 2) Everything is more fun with a cocktail.

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Keep Your Fingers Crossed!

I just had an interview for a freelance position that I think fits my qualifications perfectly. I would be working as a proofreader and a copywriter for a financial services company, and although the position is part-time, I would make more there than I would at any of the full-time positions I have applied for. Also, I think the marketing manager and I had a good rapport. I said, "I actually really enjoy proofreading and copy editing," and she said, "Really? Me too! What is it about it that you like?" I told her that good grammar is really important to me, so it makes me happy when I find an error and can fix it, and she said that she feels the same way. We're both word nerds! This is important because while many writers will tolerate doing proofreading and copy editing, not a lot of them truly embrace it.

I really, really hope that I get this job. I think that the company may want to check references, so I am trying to contact some past clients to see if they will say good things about me. The company plans to make a decision fairly quickly, so keep your fingers crossed for me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home