----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ The Fabulous Adventures of Astera: Writer/Actress for Hire: Positive Results

The Fabulous Adventures of Astera: Writer/Actress for Hire

Meet Astera (aka: me), a star in her own mind. Our plucky little heroine has embarked on not one but two difficult, low-paying career paths: writing and acting. Witness the menial jobs! The unreasonable demands! The quirky friends and family! And the glimmer of success just ahead! Through it all, Astera maintains her core beliefs: 1) She is destined to be fabulous 2) Everything is more fun with a cocktail.

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Positive Results

Yesterday, I posted positive thoughts on this blog, and today, something positive happened! I got a call from a woman who had seen my resume on Monster.com, and now she wants to bring me in to interview for a contract copywriter position. Today was just an initial phone screening, but I hope to have an in-person interview on Friday or next Monday. The position would be part-time for three months, but that would work out well because then I could take on more SAT tutoring clients. Plus, I'd be adding writing samples to my portfolio. The job also includes a lot of proofreading, and I think I am one of the few people out there who actually enjoys proofreading.

Other positive thoughts for the day:

1. I helped a student build his vocabulary and understand some of the finer points of grammar.
2. I am able to relax with a good book this evening.
3. The morning fog gave way to a beautiful sunny day.
4. I feel calm.
5. One of my friends really liked a dip I served at my housewarming party and wants the recipe. That made me feel good.

Let's see how long I can keep up this positive spirit!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home