----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ The Fabulous Adventures of Astera: Writer/Actress for Hire: Do You Like Your Job? A Quiz.

The Fabulous Adventures of Astera: Writer/Actress for Hire

Meet Astera (aka: me), a star in her own mind. Our plucky little heroine has embarked on not one but two difficult, low-paying career paths: writing and acting. Witness the menial jobs! The unreasonable demands! The quirky friends and family! And the glimmer of success just ahead! Through it all, Astera maintains her core beliefs: 1) She is destined to be fabulous 2) Everything is more fun with a cocktail.

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Do You Like Your Job? A Quiz.

Here is a quiz that I have developed to see if anyone out there truly likes his or her job. I have included my answers, but here's a hint: I DON'T like my job. My husband says no one likes to work, and that's why we all get paid to be there. But surely someone must have a job that is at least tolerable. Give me some hope!

1. On Sunday afternoons, I:
A) enjoy watching football or other sporting events
B) indulge in a little shopping or see a movie with friends
C) relax at home
D) try to fight the rising panic in my gut because I know I have to go back to work tomorrow

My answer: D

2. On Monday mornings, I:
A) leap out of bed with a spring in my step, glad to greet another glorious day
B) burrow under the covers in the fetal position and hope that an asteroid has landed on my office
C) hit the snooze button seven times but eventually give up
D) do nothing. I don't work outside the home.

My answer: B

3. On weekday evenings, I:
A) prepare a nutritious dinner and plan for the next day
B) go to the gym or meet up wtih friends
C) come home and scream in impotent rage
D) veg out and watch TV

My answer: C

4. True or false: I would rather have an invasive medical test, such as anything ending in "oscopy" (colonoscopy, bronchoscopy, endoscopy) rather than go to work.

My answer: True (and I have actually had all of the above procedures.)

5. If I won or inherited $100,000, I would:
A) Keep my job and invest or put a down payment on a home.
B) Keep my job but lord my newfound wealth over my co-workers
C) Keep my job because working gives me a sense of purpose
D) Quit my job before the check even cleared

My answer: D

6. My job most closely resembles:
A) "The Office"
B) "Office Space"
C) Hell on earth

My answer: C

7. At my job, I:
A) Make a difference in the world
B) Perform rote, meaningless tasks
C) Shape the minds of our future generation
D) Do some fun stuff and some boring stuff

My answer: B

8. Describe your office environment:
A) A cubicle
B) A cubicle with a window view
C) An office with a door
D) A prison-like cell where I am well on my way to developing a hunchback, a squint, and a facial tic

My answer: D

9. While at work, I:
A) Enjoy gossiping with co-workers
B) Get a sense of personal satisfaction out of a job well done
C) Want to chew off my own arm to escape
D) Have some good days and some bad days

My answer: C

10. My job can best be summed up as:
A) A decent way to collect a paycheck
B) A soul-destroying 10 to 11 hours of inanity
C) Not a bad place to spend some time
D) The bright spot in my life

My answer: B

Scoring:
If your answers match mine, you hate your job. But you probably knew that already. If your answers differ from mine in any way, your job is not what you dread most in life. And that's a good thing.

Feel free to post your answers to this quiz in the comments section. And thanks for letting me vent! (I should try to look on the bright side, I know...at least I have a job!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home