----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ The Fabulous Adventures of Astera: Writer/Actress for Hire: Unemployed? No, Funemployed!

The Fabulous Adventures of Astera: Writer/Actress for Hire

Meet Astera (aka: me), a star in her own mind. Our plucky little heroine has embarked on not one but two difficult, low-paying career paths: writing and acting. Witness the menial jobs! The unreasonable demands! The quirky friends and family! And the glimmer of success just ahead! Through it all, Astera maintains her core beliefs: 1) She is destined to be fabulous 2) Everything is more fun with a cocktail.

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Unemployed? No, Funemployed!

I haven't been laid off--yet--but the situation seems grim, so the axe could fall at any time. I need a little cheering up, and this article from the L.A. Times inspired me to create me own list of why a part-time work schedule isn't so bad.

1. A part-time paycheck is better than no paycheck at all!
2. More time to spend with Mr. Pink (also "funemployed).
3. Leaving the office at 1:00 means less temptation to go out to lunch, saving me both money and calories.
4. More time to exercise--it is bikini season, after all!
5. Matinee pricing at the movies.
6. More time to outline my ideas for my next novel.
7. Finally time to watch the entire seasons of Private Practice and Damages that are currently residing on my DVR.
8. More time to plot with Mr. Pink about creative business ideas that will allow us to throw off the shackles of working for the boss man forever!

It all boils down to one simple fact: I have more free time, but less money. So my approach is twofold: I'm finding free ways to enjoy my free time, and I'm seeking ways to make my free time pay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home