----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ The Fabulous Adventures of Astera: Writer/Actress for Hire: Think Positive!

The Fabulous Adventures of Astera: Writer/Actress for Hire

Meet Astera (aka: me), a star in her own mind. Our plucky little heroine has embarked on not one but two difficult, low-paying career paths: writing and acting. Witness the menial jobs! The unreasonable demands! The quirky friends and family! And the glimmer of success just ahead! Through it all, Astera maintains her core beliefs: 1) She is destined to be fabulous 2) Everything is more fun with a cocktail.

Friday, November 21, 2008

Think Positive!

The unemployment rate in California is now 8.2 percent, so I am trying to stay positive. Although I still do not have a job, I do have a lead on two potential freelance projects, and I think that at least one of them will come through. Fingers crossed!

Also, I got a very nice email from an acquaintance who read part of my book. She said it was "a real page-turner" and that she could immediately identify with my main character. Her kind words really cheered me up...there's nothing like a few compliments to provide a confidence boost.

Finally, I am physically much stronger and more flexible than I was just a few months ago, thanks to my martial arts training. I've never been particularly active or interested in physical fitness, but now I take pride in what my body can do. I haven't lost any weight, but I have built muscle, and I am much more toned. My instructor is even encouraging me to take part in an upcoming competition. I'm also working on a personal essay about my experiences, which I hope to be able to sell to a newspaper or magazine.

When I see how many other people are out of work, I realize that all I can do is keep trying and hoping for the best. Much of the situation is out of my control. The only thing I can control is my feelings and emotions, so I might as well try to look on the bright side. It's certainly better than being miserable and depressed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home