----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ The Fabulous Adventures of Astera: Writer/Actress for Hire: Miss Congeniality

The Fabulous Adventures of Astera: Writer/Actress for Hire

Meet Astera (aka: me), a star in her own mind. Our plucky little heroine has embarked on not one but two difficult, low-paying career paths: writing and acting. Witness the menial jobs! The unreasonable demands! The quirky friends and family! And the glimmer of success just ahead! Through it all, Astera maintains her core beliefs: 1) She is destined to be fabulous 2) Everything is more fun with a cocktail.

Monday, August 22, 2005

Miss Congeniality

The other night, I decided to relax after a stressful day by watching a completely mindless movie..."Miss Congeniality 2." The first one was somewhat humorous, so I thought I might get a few laughs out of the sequel. And I did. A very few laughs. In fact, one of the best lines came from William Shatner. While trying to convince his kidnappers not to kill him, he says, "Please! I am a Shakespearean actor! I played Iago in Twelfth Night." How I laughed. And then, immediately, I wondered how many other people would get that joke. You get it, of course, dear readers. You are an erudite and literate lot. But how many other people who watched the movie got it? Or is it terribly snobbish of me to even wonder?

1 Comments:

  • At 7:43 PM, Blogger Astera said…

    Yes, it's true...I admit it. I am something of an intellectual snob. But I think the world could use a few more free-thinking people, considering the current state of world affairs. Shakespeare, Milton, Chaucer--I believe they still have a place in our world!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home