----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ The Fabulous Adventures of Astera: Writer/Actress for Hire: I'm Beginning to See the Light

The Fabulous Adventures of Astera: Writer/Actress for Hire

Meet Astera (aka: me), a star in her own mind. Our plucky little heroine has embarked on not one but two difficult, low-paying career paths: writing and acting. Witness the menial jobs! The unreasonable demands! The quirky friends and family! And the glimmer of success just ahead! Through it all, Astera maintains her core beliefs: 1) She is destined to be fabulous 2) Everything is more fun with a cocktail.

Thursday, September 22, 2005

I'm Beginning to See the Light

I am emerging from my fog, and life is starting to seem just a little bit brighter. Of course, I still miss my grandma, but I am a feeling slightly more hopeful now. I have been spending a lot of time with my mom, which has been good. I can't imagine how hard this has been for her. I don't know how I would cope if my mom died.

Yesterday, I got a sympathy card in the mail from a group of my friends in Southern California. They had all signed it and written little notes to me. It really meant a lot to me, and it lifted my spirits.

I still don't know exactly where my life is heading or what's going to happen next, but I think that's just the way life is. After all, it's not very exciting to read a book or watch a movie if you already know how it's going to end. I do have more of a plan, though...a rough outline, if you will.

So, I guess all I can do is try to keep a positive attitude (admittedly, this is sometimes difficult for me) and see what happens. I hope that soon, my adventures will be fabulous once more!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home