----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ The Fabulous Adventures of Astera: Writer/Actress for Hire: Happy New Year!

The Fabulous Adventures of Astera: Writer/Actress for Hire

Meet Astera (aka: me), a star in her own mind. Our plucky little heroine has embarked on not one but two difficult, low-paying career paths: writing and acting. Witness the menial jobs! The unreasonable demands! The quirky friends and family! And the glimmer of success just ahead! Through it all, Astera maintains her core beliefs: 1) She is destined to be fabulous 2) Everything is more fun with a cocktail.

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year!

Our plans to ring in 2006 were somewhat dampened by the torrential rain we're having here in Northern California. Mr. Pink and I are lucky. We have not been affected by any flooding or other catastrophes. But some places very close to us are under several feet of water.

We went to spend New Year's with my brother, Esquire, in Napa. He lives on our newly planted vineyard property, and a creek runs through it. The creek has spilled over its banks in some parts, and he got his 4Runner stuck out there in the mud when he went out to assess the damage. Actually, we were barely able to get through to his house yesterday because the CHP had the roads blocked off. But we made it. And even though the New Year's party we were supposed to be going to got cancelled, we still had a festive evening. We were supposed to be partying at Steltzner Vineyards in their wine cave, but it had two feet of water in it, and the roads to get there were all swamped anyway. So instead, we drank a bunch of wine and champagne, watched some cheesy nostalgia on VH1 and set off fireworks at midnight.

So now it's resolution time. My resolutions relate more to my professional life this year. Essentially, I want to get more freelance clients and get more work from my existing clients. I have a general plan in place, and I just got some business cards printed up, so that's a step in the right direction. And I have one project that I am working on now that I hope will lead to more work in the future. Of course, I still hope that something is going to break for me on the acting front, but despite my best efforts, that seems sort of unlikely. Maybe I should concentrate on the idea for my novel, instead. What about you, dear readers? Any interesting resolutions for the upcoming year? It's a clean slate!

Here's hoping for a happy, healthy and profitable 2006 for everyone.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My resolution is to have a happy lunch for my bride's of 32 years birthday today and buy her a cell phone. My other resoluton is to stay fit, work less, and celebrate a birthday on a cruise line touring the wine country of Italy and maybe go to some Greek Islands. That's it. Simply and doeable.

    O Kanenas

     

Post a Comment

<< Home