----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ The Fabulous Adventures of Astera: Writer/Actress for Hire: Totally Awesome!

The Fabulous Adventures of Astera: Writer/Actress for Hire

Meet Astera (aka: me), a star in her own mind. Our plucky little heroine has embarked on not one but two difficult, low-paying career paths: writing and acting. Witness the menial jobs! The unreasonable demands! The quirky friends and family! And the glimmer of success just ahead! Through it all, Astera maintains her core beliefs: 1) She is destined to be fabulous 2) Everything is more fun with a cocktail.

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Totally Awesome!

Ladies and gentlmen, if you have ever doubted my awesomeness, your doubts will now be assuaged. I have proof. I have (dun-dun-DUH!) the medal of awesomeness!

Yes, this a real thing, and I have won it. I am wearing it around my neck right now. My awesomeness cannot be contested. I am the awesomest of all.

My husband, Mr. Pink, presented me with this fabulous prize upon his return from Las Vegas, where he was attending a design conference. Verily, this is the best souvenir he could have brought me. Well, actually, that's not true. It would have been even better if he had been passing by a slot machine, stuck a quarter in, and won the jackpot, but come on. We're living real life, not a movie. So instead, I have (dun-dun-DUH!) the medal of awesomeness!

The medal is my gift for being the best wife ever. I would like to believe I have accepted this great honor with grace and humility, but we all know that I am going to gloat about it. But I shan't be selfish. When Mr. Pink shows signs of awesomeness (as he frequently does), I will relinquish my medal and allow him to know the joy of wearing (dun-dun-DUH!) the medal of awesomeness!

Dear readers, I will take your suggestions. What should Mr. Pink do to prove that he is worthy of this honor? Write in and let me know. And when the medal changes hands, I shall inform you of the great feat that was performed to secure its transfer. It will, of course, be awesome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home