----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ The Fabulous Adventures of Astera: Writer/Actress for Hire: How Hot Is It?

The Fabulous Adventures of Astera: Writer/Actress for Hire

Meet Astera (aka: me), a star in her own mind. Our plucky little heroine has embarked on not one but two difficult, low-paying career paths: writing and acting. Witness the menial jobs! The unreasonable demands! The quirky friends and family! And the glimmer of success just ahead! Through it all, Astera maintains her core beliefs: 1) She is destined to be fabulous 2) Everything is more fun with a cocktail.

Monday, July 24, 2006

How Hot Is It?

It's too damn hot! It was 103 here today, and I live close to San Francisco. We don't get the fog so much during the summer like the city does, but we shouldn't get the sweltering heat, either. It's not like I live in Miami or Phoenix or something! I live in California partly because I enjoy its temperate climes so much, although that seems to be changing. But of course, there's no such thing as global warming. That's just bad science. Apparently, "bad science" is anything our Spineless Leader does not personally agree with or understand. And that covers a lot of territory. But I'm glad he's clamping down on flag burning and stem-cell research, because clearly, those are the biggest problems our society faces today. The imploding relations between Lebanon and Israel and all those people dying in Iraq, well, that's all going to work itself out. Much better that we focus on denying a woman's right to choose!

I'm getting a little off-track. Perhaps the heat has made me delirious. Or perhaps it's the fact that it's not just broiling outside. I'm broiling on the inside, too. I have a summer cold, complete with hacking cough, aches and pains, fever, and sore throat. My throat is so sore that I had a milkshake for dinner tonight. And I'm really loving the chills that come along with the fever. One minute I'm sweating, the next I'm chilled to the bone. I also feel a little woozy, and I'm not even taking the Valium anymore. I spent a weekend away from the computer, and my muscles seem to have loosened up on their own. So that's good, but now I've got this cold virus infecting my brain. And does anyone have any sympathy for me? Oh, no! Mr. Pink just says, "Stay away! I don't want to get what you have!" (But to be fair, he is the one who went out and fetched me my milkshake dinner. Also, I make the world's worst sick person, mainly because of my tendency to overdramatize every little sniffle. So it's good that Mr. Pink can be tolerant of my illness-induced insanity.)

I need a cure. I don't want to be sick for my birthday, which is rapidly approaching. Send help. Send ice cream!

1 Comments:

  • At 9:47 AM, Blogger Bruingirl said…

    You're telling me! It's been 85+ degrees in MB lately and we are usually at 68 degrees ALL YEAR round!!!! Anything above 75 degrees is just far too hot to do anything!!!!! I'M MELTING!!!!
    Hope you feel better!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home