----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ The Fabulous Adventures of Astera: Writer/Actress for Hire: Some Good News

The Fabulous Adventures of Astera: Writer/Actress for Hire

Meet Astera (aka: me), a star in her own mind. Our plucky little heroine has embarked on not one but two difficult, low-paying career paths: writing and acting. Witness the menial jobs! The unreasonable demands! The quirky friends and family! And the glimmer of success just ahead! Through it all, Astera maintains her core beliefs: 1) She is destined to be fabulous 2) Everything is more fun with a cocktail.

Friday, February 04, 2005

Some Good News

The good news isn't from any agents, unfortunately. But on the upside, at least I haven't had anyone return my materials in the self-addressed, stamped envelope I so thoughtfully provided, either. Patience is a virtue. Perhaps I need to write that out 100 times over the weekend.

Anyway, the good news is that I have been called back for a third job interview at one company. I hope they're not just playing games with me. Also, I have been approached about another job opening at a different company. Perhaps not the most scintillating work, but it would probably pay well. And finally, I have been invited to a photo casting at a company that provides "real people" for advertising photo shoots. Obviously, none of these events are any assurance that I will actually get a job, but it's nice to be wanted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home