----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ The Fabulous Adventures of Astera: Writer/Actress for Hire: Dialects

The Fabulous Adventures of Astera: Writer/Actress for Hire

Meet Astera (aka: me), a star in her own mind. Our plucky little heroine has embarked on not one but two difficult, low-paying career paths: writing and acting. Witness the menial jobs! The unreasonable demands! The quirky friends and family! And the glimmer of success just ahead! Through it all, Astera maintains her core beliefs: 1) She is destined to be fabulous 2) Everything is more fun with a cocktail.

Thursday, April 21, 2005

Dialects

Today I had to call around and try to collect information on various construction projects. At one organization, I asked for the facilities department and after some confusion on the part of the receptionist, I was transferred.

The man who answered said “Plant Maintenance.” I said, “Hi, I’m calling to get some information about your upcoming expansion project,” and he said, “Aww, girl, I don’t know nothing 'bout that, and the boss-man isn’t here.”

I swear to God, that is a verbatim reproduction of what he said. It's not quite as good without the dialect, but you'll just have to imagine. It’s such fun to call other parts of the country. It kind of made my day. Thank you, Ohio!

1 Comments:

  • At 10:54 AM, Blogger Bruingirl said…

    Are ya makin fun of us country folk who might not have no good ed you cayshon likes you rich city folk??

     

Post a Comment

<< Home