----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ The Fabulous Adventures of Astera: Writer/Actress for Hire: Mystery Solved

The Fabulous Adventures of Astera: Writer/Actress for Hire

Meet Astera (aka: me), a star in her own mind. Our plucky little heroine has embarked on not one but two difficult, low-paying career paths: writing and acting. Witness the menial jobs! The unreasonable demands! The quirky friends and family! And the glimmer of success just ahead! Through it all, Astera maintains her core beliefs: 1) She is destined to be fabulous 2) Everything is more fun with a cocktail.

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Mystery Solved

I found out who in my neighborhood drives the gold car with the snakeskin steering wheel cover! I thought it was so odd, that someone in my quiet town would drive such a 1970s-esque rockin' car. I saw it as a sign of subtle rebellion.

Now the mystery is solved! The car belongs to the mailman who lives across the street. Is it the one vibrant outlet in his sad, sad life? Or is carrying the mail just something he does to pass the time since he retired from his glory days as a drummer in a hair band? Perhaps I'll never know. But I'm proud to have a neighbor who, in the words of my boss during my few ill-fated days of work at an entertainment PR agency in Los Angeles, "knows how to rock that fresh look hard."

1 Comments:

  • At 3:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The third option is that he likes being a mail man and the car is just an outlet for a person who has a fun and upbeat personality. Try and be positive.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home