----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ The Fabulous Adventures of Astera: Writer/Actress for Hire: Not Fair

The Fabulous Adventures of Astera: Writer/Actress for Hire

Meet Astera (aka: me), a star in her own mind. Our plucky little heroine has embarked on not one but two difficult, low-paying career paths: writing and acting. Witness the menial jobs! The unreasonable demands! The quirky friends and family! And the glimmer of success just ahead! Through it all, Astera maintains her core beliefs: 1) She is destined to be fabulous 2) Everything is more fun with a cocktail.

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Not Fair

Mr. Pink is at a trade show in Las Vegas, leaving me all alone. I wouldn't really mind, except for the fact that he's staying in a 900-square-foot corner suite in the high rollers tower at the Venetian. It's got a sunken living room, a huge bed, a vanity, and a bathroom you could get lost in. Not that he's rubbing it in, or anything.

You might wonder how a graphic designer scored such sweet digs. Well, the suite was reserved for the executive vice president of the company, who got fired about a week ago. (Lots of layoffs and firings recently--worrisome, but that's another post.) The company decided to send Mr. Pink to the show, and since the room was just going to go to waste, he got it. Only "upper management" is staying at the Venetian. All the other employees, like the salespeople that he usually works with, they're all at Harrah's. But Mr. Pink has generously allowed them to hang out in his palatial living quarters.

In other news, I will be out of town for a few days. I am jet-setting down to SoCal (well, actually, I'm driving in my Prius) for a wedding...the last one of the season! I am very excited about it, as it has been a long time coming. S. and G. have been dating since college. I am a bridesmaid, and the dress is actually kind of flattering. So, I'll be hanging out in Malibu, and I am sure I will have plenty of tales with which to regale you upon my return. Miss me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home