----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ The Fabulous Adventures of Astera: Writer/Actress for Hire: The Celebrity You Resemble

The Fabulous Adventures of Astera: Writer/Actress for Hire

Meet Astera (aka: me), a star in her own mind. Our plucky little heroine has embarked on not one but two difficult, low-paying career paths: writing and acting. Witness the menial jobs! The unreasonable demands! The quirky friends and family! And the glimmer of success just ahead! Through it all, Astera maintains her core beliefs: 1) She is destined to be fabulous 2) Everything is more fun with a cocktail.

Friday, February 10, 2006

The Celebrity You Resemble

I found this site courtesy of Confessions of a Nobody. You have to register, but once you do, you can upload a picture of yourself, and it will tell you which celebrity you most resemble.

Well. I tried it with two different pictures, the one of me in the green sweater and the one of me in the pink sweater (scroll down to see them both). In the green sweater, the site said I resembled Emma Watson, aka Hermione in the Harry Potter movies. Okay, people say I look young, but she's 16. I'm 29 (and a half, as of Feb. 4). I think that's a stretch. In the pink sweater, the site said I looked like Gwyneth Paltrow. Um, no again. Do I look like a washed-out blonde to you?

Funnily enough, I have had more than one person tell me that I look like Dorothy Hamill, which seemed odd to me at the time, but after watching Skating with Celebrities (hey, I was really, really bored and Mr. Pink was out of town), I can kind of see their point.

Sooo...did you check out the site? Who do you resemble most? Or, who do people say you look like? Inquiring minds want to know.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:54 AM, Blogger Bruingirl said…

    I can't seem to run the program here at work, but I can guarantee you that the program will say I look like Lucy Liu - what other Asian celebrities are out there anyway????

     
  • At 7:31 PM, Blogger Bruingirl said…

    Yup! I was right! I ran different photos. The first time I ran it, I got Michele Morgan, then Denzel Washington, Andie MacDowell, Kim HeeSun, Lucy Liu, and a few other random people. Very interesting.....

     
  • At 3:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I actually have a entire post dedicated to that subject. I've heard I look like Jennifer Aniston, I've also heard I look like Kathy Griffin, Punky Brewster, Scully from the XFiles. I could go on and on.

    Good blog, by the way, will have to stop by again...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home