----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ The Fabulous Adventures of Astera: Writer/Actress for Hire: When It Rains...

The Fabulous Adventures of Astera: Writer/Actress for Hire

Meet Astera (aka: me), a star in her own mind. Our plucky little heroine has embarked on not one but two difficult, low-paying career paths: writing and acting. Witness the menial jobs! The unreasonable demands! The quirky friends and family! And the glimmer of success just ahead! Through it all, Astera maintains her core beliefs: 1) She is destined to be fabulous 2) Everything is more fun with a cocktail.

Thursday, February 02, 2006

When It Rains...

Ah, the life of a freelancer. Not too long ago, I was sitting around wondering where my next paycheck was going to come from. Now, for the past two weeks, I have been frantically trying to finish assignments before I start a six-week in-office gig. I'll be doing some copywriting for eBay (nice big-name client), while the regular copywriter goes on paternity leave. I think I'll get some good stuff for my portfolio, too.

Anyway, I read a bunch of books in January, and I wanted to share them with you. But that will have to wait, because I am still in frantic mode. We leave tomorrow for Florida for Mr. Pink's grandmother's 90th birthday/family reunion. This is the extended family that I have not met yet. We'll be there for all of about 40 hours, so I don't know how well I'll get to know anyone, but I am looking forward to meeting some of the cousins who are close to our age. Even though it's a quick trip, I'll get a little sunshine on my face. We're staying right on the beach, though. It's the beginning of February, for crying out loud? Who is prepared to put on a swimsuit in February? I need at least another two months of Pilates and Fit Ball Sculpt and cardio before I'll really be swimsuit-ready. But I guess I'll just have to deal with what I've got, hips be damned!

Okay, so, book report next week. Do any of you have reading suggestions for me?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home