----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ The Fabulous Adventures of Astera: Writer/Actress for Hire: Make it Stop!

The Fabulous Adventures of Astera: Writer/Actress for Hire

Meet Astera (aka: me), a star in her own mind. Our plucky little heroine has embarked on not one but two difficult, low-paying career paths: writing and acting. Witness the menial jobs! The unreasonable demands! The quirky friends and family! And the glimmer of success just ahead! Through it all, Astera maintains her core beliefs: 1) She is destined to be fabulous 2) Everything is more fun with a cocktail.

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Make it Stop!

I have had a headache for two weeks now. I cannot make it go away. Ibuprofen, Tylenol, Vicodin, expensive prescription migraine medications--nothing works. (Maxalt is $10 a pill. I want my money back.) I went to the doctor today, but alas, she was as frustrated as I am. She told me to have my eyes checked and stop one of the medications that another doctor prescribed recently. If the headache is not gone by Monday, I'm supposed to email her. But I actually have fun stuff to do this weekend. How am I supposed to enjoy it when my head keeps hurting?

I know what you're thinking. You're thinking that it's just stress. Well, I do my best to manage my stress with a healthy diet, regular exercise, plenty of sleep, lots of water, blah, blah, blah. What more can I do? My headache isn't quite bad enough to keep me from functioning, but it does put me in a very cranky mood and it makes it difficult for me to focus. And I get dizzy sometimes. And my sense of taste is off. Wheee! It's fun to have a "delicate constitution."

P.S. No word from any other agents. No acceptances, no rejections. I feel like I'm back in high school, waiting to hear from colleges. Only this time, if I get a fat envelope back in the mail, that's bad news. At least when I start my new job, I'll have less time to obsess over all this.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:28 AM, Blogger Bruingirl said…

    ARRRGHHH!!! You just ruined one of my comments! I started on the older posts that I hadn't read and making my way to the most recent one. I posted about the whole "back in high school bit" and here you go, blogging about it!!!!! As for the headaches? Dr. Bruingirl's prescription is:
    Take a Patron tequila shot first thing in the morning, with the Vicodin. You won't feel any more pain after that.
    On a serious note - maybe you're not sleeping well at night? It could be that you're not getting enough REM sleep.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home