----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ The Fabulous Adventures of Astera: Writer/Actress for Hire: It's Been Awhile...

The Fabulous Adventures of Astera: Writer/Actress for Hire

Meet Astera (aka: me), a star in her own mind. Our plucky little heroine has embarked on not one but two difficult, low-paying career paths: writing and acting. Witness the menial jobs! The unreasonable demands! The quirky friends and family! And the glimmer of success just ahead! Through it all, Astera maintains her core beliefs: 1) She is destined to be fabulous 2) Everything is more fun with a cocktail.

Saturday, March 05, 2005

It's Been Awhile...

Hello, my little chickadees! Did you miss me? I have not written in some time because I have been immersed in my new job and/or drugged into oblivion.

I started my new job right after President's Day, but I only lasted one day before I had to make a surprise visit to the emergency room. I had a long-lasting headache and when I got weak and nearly passed out, my doctors finally decided it was serious enough to warrant immediate medical attention. So, I got to spend hours lying in a flimsy gown on an uncomfortable bed in a darkened hospital room. I went in for a CT scan, which came back clear, luckily. The doctor gave me an injection of Toredol to break up the pain cycle, but when that didn't work, I got Demerol, plus prescriptions for Percocet, Vicodin and Phenergan. What fun! When I relayed my saga to the people at work, they told me not to return until Monday.

So, this was my first full week of work. All I'll say is that my co-workers seem nice, I'm actually using my journalism education, and I'm making nearly $10,000 more than I was at the last horrible, hateful job I had. So, things are good.

I haven't had any auditions yet, but I just sent my agent a whole stack of voiceover CDs, so now she can start submitting me for voiceover work. I guess things have been slow, lately, though. RENT will soon begin shooting in San Francisco, though, but so far all they need are extras. And after my Memoirs of a Geisha experience, I am not eager to do film extra work again anytime soon.

So that's what I've been doing. And don't worry...I will do my best to post more frequently, for your reading pleasure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home