----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ The Fabulous Adventures of Astera: Writer/Actress for Hire: Happy Valentine's Day!

The Fabulous Adventures of Astera: Writer/Actress for Hire

Meet Astera (aka: me), a star in her own mind. Our plucky little heroine has embarked on not one but two difficult, low-paying career paths: writing and acting. Witness the menial jobs! The unreasonable demands! The quirky friends and family! And the glimmer of success just ahead! Through it all, Astera maintains her core beliefs: 1) She is destined to be fabulous 2) Everything is more fun with a cocktail.

Monday, February 14, 2005

Happy Valentine's Day!

Yay for Valentine's Day! My dear husband and I didn't celebrate much today, but we had a fancy night out on the town last night. We went to a restaurant that was holding a special food and wine pairing and we got to taste all different vintages of Paraduxx wine, one of my favorites. And he actually got dressed up, which is always a special treat for me. He's usually a jeans and t-shirt kind of guy, so when he breaks out the suit, it's definitely a noteworthy occasion.

Today, my sweetie started his new job and I had a freelance assignment, but he gave me a heart-shaped box of See's Nuts and Chews (yummy!) and I gave him a sappy "to my husband" Valentine's card, along with a subscription to a new magazine he's interested in. Mostly, though, my Valentine's day gift is just getting to come home to the man I love.

P.S.--I want to give a special congratulations to my friends S. and G., who got engaged on Friday night. I wish them both much happiness, and Greg and I were both glad we got to celebrate the momentous occasion with them over the weekend. Love is in the air!

1 Comments:

  • At 11:13 PM, Blogger Bruingirl said…

    That is wonderful news indeed about S & G! It's about time, eh??? :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home