----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ The Fabulous Adventures of Astera: Writer/Actress for Hire: Ask and Ye Shall Receive

The Fabulous Adventures of Astera: Writer/Actress for Hire

Meet Astera (aka: me), a star in her own mind. Our plucky little heroine has embarked on not one but two difficult, low-paying career paths: writing and acting. Witness the menial jobs! The unreasonable demands! The quirky friends and family! And the glimmer of success just ahead! Through it all, Astera maintains her core beliefs: 1) She is destined to be fabulous 2) Everything is more fun with a cocktail.

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Ask and Ye Shall Receive

In my last post, I wrote about how I needed to find a patron of the arts. Lo and behold, one day later, I found a nice, fat check in my mailbox. I thought it was just a coincidence, but last week, it happened again! It's a miracle! I must be tuned in to the laws of positive attraction and The Secret and all that.

Okay, not really. The checks were from the Pater Familias, who reads this blog regularly. But what are fathers for if not to be patrons of their daughters' artistic endeavors?

Thanks, Pater Familias. You are always there (both financially and emotionally!) when I need you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home