----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ The Fabulous Adventures of Astera: Writer/Actress for Hire: Overdramatic?

The Fabulous Adventures of Astera: Writer/Actress for Hire

Meet Astera (aka: me), a star in her own mind. Our plucky little heroine has embarked on not one but two difficult, low-paying career paths: writing and acting. Witness the menial jobs! The unreasonable demands! The quirky friends and family! And the glimmer of success just ahead! Through it all, Astera maintains her core beliefs: 1) She is destined to be fabulous 2) Everything is more fun with a cocktail.

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Overdramatic?

Well, perhaps I was too hasty in believing that my acting career was dead. No, I still never heard back from the people at the History Channel, but now, after weeks of hearing nothing from my agent, I’ve gotten two auditions.

The first was a voiceover audition for a company providing a service called “Dial-a-Rescue.” Essentially, if you’re trapped on a bad date or a boring meeting, you can call them to arrange a rescue time and they’ll come up with a scenario to get you out of there. The audition called for a peppy voice and a sleazy voice. I think I got peppy, but I guess I didn’t do so well with sleazy—I was supposed to be an old acquaintance who had made off with a lot of money. I didn’t book the job, but this was my first voiceover audition, so it was nice to get some practice.

Now, I’m booked for an audition for the Discovery Channel tomorrow. I am going out for “attractive woman at a town hall meeting,” which I think is better than the “tarp carrier” part I once auditioned for. But I won’t really be getting into the big time until my character has a name.

I’m going to try not to get so emotionally invested in this audition. After all, they’re probably seeing about 100 girls for a two-second part. I’m glad to be getting back out there, though. I think auditioning is really just a numbers game, so the more auditions I go on, the better chance I have of booking a part. Keep ’em coming!

1 Comments:

  • At 4:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yup, a numbers game alright. Just like dating. The more you do it the more likely it is you will get more of them. You just gotta be out there in the center lane.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home