----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ ----------------------------------------------- */ The Fabulous Adventures of Astera: Writer/Actress for Hire: And Then, The Deluge

The Fabulous Adventures of Astera: Writer/Actress for Hire

Meet Astera (aka: me), a star in her own mind. Our plucky little heroine has embarked on not one but two difficult, low-paying career paths: writing and acting. Witness the menial jobs! The unreasonable demands! The quirky friends and family! And the glimmer of success just ahead! Through it all, Astera maintains her core beliefs: 1) She is destined to be fabulous 2) Everything is more fun with a cocktail.

Thursday, June 02, 2005

And Then, The Deluge

I have another audition! All right, all right, so it's not really a deluge, but three in one week is pretty good, especially after I thought I had been abandoned by my agent. Tomorrow, I go in for the part of a young bank teller at Wells Fargo. This is just for an industrial film, meaning the general public will never see it, but hey, it would be a paid part and I could get some material for my reel. It's not glamorous, but it's better than a sharp stick in the eye!

The audition on Wednesday went pretty well. It was for a promo for Discovery Channel's "Shark Week," and it was all improv. I tried to come up with some funny lines so that I would be memorable. The whole thing was sort of a spoof on the town hall meeting from Jaws, where everyone's all upset about the killer shark. We were just acting crazy and throwing out wild inaccuracies about sharks. Then, the two "myth busters" say, "You want the truth about sharks? Watch Discovery Channel's Shark Week," blah, blah, blah. It was fun! But, as usual, who knows if I'll ever hear back? I'm glad things are picking up, though. Wish me luck!

1 Comments:

  • At 10:22 AM, Blogger Bruingirl said…

    Industrial films are oh, so much fun to watch!!!! Maybe you can get on a HR sexual harassment video! I hate watching those! They are soooo lame!!!!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home